Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Tangled Web - The Trail of Wellness



Good Day Everyone:

You know, little did I know when I found myself growing my own herbs and formulating my own skin care potions that there was a "movement" going on out there. Yikes!

It is simply impossible to separate good, honest skincare from good health, which leads us to toxins, which leads us to organics, which leads us to industrial gardening, which leads us to ....good grief!

Ok. I have always thought good health or good anything was and is pretty much a matter of "common sense."
I could be the last of the breed. But I don't think so, rather I think that having common sense is a species that neared extinction and is now being resurrected.

There is a marvelous book out there (see link above) called the 100 Year Lie. But I even hate to refer you to this as your authority, when in the end, it is your own Inner Guidance and Common Sense that should be and IS your own authority.

Further, I really am not inclined to stir up your "fear" factors. Decisions and reactions made from fear are always a downward spiral into nothing good. So. I can explain to you that when I make decisions about what I consume, it is because it feels GOOD to me, as it should for you. That is a well decision.

I am surprised as heck that "Going Green" is now politic. I cannot remember a time when I was not "green" at least as much as was possible in the market place, which is why I started concocting my own herbal potions. Just because it felt better and growing things is a whole lot of fun.

So I'm not going to motivate anyone out of fear. Period. If you look around you, observe things that are displeasing or alarming to you in others or even yourself with respect to health care or potions or ointments or your food; well, then, LISTEN UP!

If you can begin to eliminate synthetic chemicals from your own consumption in anyway, shape or form: food, skin care, air, soil, clothing, medicines: well, take responsibility and go for it. I call it "picking your poison."

But the most important single thing that you can begin doing is trusting yourSelf as your own authority; not "them". Them could be anyone: parents, friends, government agencies, corporate spokespersons - you have to be the one to "feel" the correctness of whatever concerns you, for you.

How does this figure into Honest Skincare? In an early post I found myself unable to compartmentalize all the information. It's all interconnected. So I began trying to give you straight information about skincare and find that I cannot compartmentalize it from your food, your environment, politics, but you are the ultimate decision maker for you.

When I was a little girl I remember DuPont coming out with their ad campaign of "Better Living Through Chemistry." I can recall the question mark feeling inside myself even then. It wasn't fear, it was simply - "Hmm, we'll see about that...." kinda thing.

At the same time I believe and trust in the inherent wisdom of the human body and its resiliency and desire to be in its normal state of wellness. So if you are afraid of becoming sick, you will become sick; therefore I don't want to and will not motivate you from a fear basis. Fear Not. But rather, move always towards what feels better, what feels good, what feels right, what feels true. And as you do this, you will notice that the decisions keep changing and ultimately get easier. What once felt right, doesn't have the same correctness now. So, you choose again, and again, and again.

One thing I will say is that American is waking up from a long slumber of giving away personal power to "other" authorities. When you find yourself stepping into the world of alternative medicines, supplements, cleansing programs, organic foods, you will find the old habit still operating - trusting someone else's authority on a subject rather than your own. The Lemming Response, I call it. But don't give up on yourself. The correctness of a pill, a powder, a potion or a lotion for you, lies within You. You can feel it. And it may only be correct for awhile, and then you move on, change and choose again.

Exercise because the activity feels wonderful. I personally hate the formal "gym" and all the machines involved. I would rather swim, haul firewood, garden or build a rock wall. Dancing! Now there's my kind of exercise, where I don't even notice that I'm exercising. It's painless, it's fun and, by the way, I moved my body.

Eat what FEELS lovely to you. Be involved with the process of growing, cooking and really tasting your food. Does it taste divine? Do you even remember what you ate? Did you listen to your body and what it was asking for? Are you consuming via rote, habit and no-thought?

Take your "treatments" where they feel correct and good. Does your mind tell you that massage is for sissy's or a complete indulgence or certainly not for real men? A waste of money? Challenge your thoughts. To feel good is our right. To feel stressed is what we have come to accept, and it is making us sick.

Sniff out your trail of wellness for yourself. YourSelf will guide you, if you but listen to It.

Meanwhile here's a site to get unbiased "news" for your mind to chew on.
http://www.newstarget.com/015020.html
Your intuition doesn't need the news, but alas, your head loves this stuff.

Thanks for reading!

Kath

No comments: