Sunday, August 31, 2008

The 90 Day Success Plan

Hello Everyone,

On Friday I passed the 90 day trial period on the Womentowomen.com nutrition and phytonutrient hormone supplement program with the Schwartzbein Principle Eating Plan to regain my health!

Ta-DA!!!

Here's the results:
  1. I have lost 6 pounds.
  2. I walk at least a mile every morning.
  3. I sleep like a baby 7.5 hours every night
  4. I am regaining muscle mass.
  5. I am regaining skin tone.
  6. My mood is - hold onto your hat for this one - optimistic.
Now, I'll give you the regimen I am following. And, I'm not giving this up anytime soon. I do believe I am going to do this for life, if not, longer.

6:00 am. I roll out of bed and tie on my tennis shoes. I stop in the kitchen to mix a big glass of pure water. Into I add a teaspoon of Enliven Probiotic and Superfood(One Group*), I chew a supplement from my chiropractor, DSF Formula from Nutri-West (addresses adrenals and thyroid); then out the door. I live in the mountains, so I've worked out a short route with one really steep hill and one long, gradual hill. I do this short route 4 times; if I'm feeling up to it, I'll do one more.

On this walk is some of the most important "Me" time of the day. The first lap, I'm usually waking up by just noticing and appreciating the day. Mostly the bunnies and birds are up, and then the sun is starting to rise. I always look to see something new that is beautiful to me; and I always find something. The next 3 laps are self talk about my attitude, my body and health, and the projects that I am working on. I appreciate me, I appreciate where I am; and I imagine where I am going.

7:00 am. I cook a really good breakfast for myself. This has been the hardest part for me; following the Schwartzbein Principle Eating Program, which came with the Womentowomen.com nutrition. The building blocks are non-starch vegetables, fat, protein, and carbohydrates (non-refined and hopefully, only the kind your could harvest for yourself). I confess the first few weeks, I would stand in the kitchen with one of those cartoon balloons over my head that would have said, "Duh!!" Now, I have a few things in my repertoire that happen more easily.

Option 1. saute garlic, onions and fresh spinach, scramble in one egg. 2. roll into a corn tortilla
Option 2. bacon, lettuce and tomato on open face, home made, all rye bread.

With breakfast I take the vitamins and Omega 3 supplement with the first phytotherapy herbal supplement from Womentowomen.com. I also added 8 mg. DHEA.
  • I gave up leaded coffee and switched to decaf
  • All foods are organic - ALL.
NOTE: Before I go downstairs to my office to work, I fix a snack for 10:00 am: This can be celery sticks with peanut butter or almond butter; or a cup of cottage cheese with some fresh berries

10:00 am-11:00 am. I eat my snack, Drink a big glass of water and do about 10-15 minutes of breathing, walking around the yard, and refreshing myself - more self talk is good.

Noon-1:00pm. I break for lunch and REST.
I usually have a fresh salad with about everything in it: 3 kinds of lettuces, spinach, garbanzo beans, onions, mushrooms, black olives, and I sprinkle another teaspoon of Enliven on that. Salad dressing is my creation of olive oil and herb vinegars that I made from my garden. I chew another DSF tablet and take the second packet of vitamins from
Womentowomen.com. (I save out both magnesium tablets for evening). I drink a big glass of tea
(my brew: to one gallon glass jar 2 tea bags organic berry tea; 2 tea bags organic green tea; and 2 tea bags organic white tea. To decaffinate: put the bags in a strainer and pour the first cup or two of boiling water over the bags
Then I usually rest for the remainder of the hour. I used to take a full on nap; now if I do fall asleep, it's a short 15-30 minutes)
Back downstairs to my office to work with a mid-afternoon snack: either 1/2 apple with tablespoon of either peanut or almond butter.

4:00 I eat my snack, another big glass of water and a few stretching or tai chi moves.

7:00 pm Dinner: protein, fat, vegetables and a very few carbs. Now I take the two magnesium tablets, the second phytotheraphy herbal hormone supplement, 50 mg. 5HTP from Nutri-West, and a baby aspirin.

I have been inspired to exercise in the evenings, which has led to my being awake until 1:00 am. That pretty much wipes out the next day, so I try not to do that, but rather, just take a gentle walk, the purpose of which is to enjoy the night sky, self talk, breathe and usually do my gratitudes for the day.
9:00 PM I mix a packet of Berry Radical (One Group) and mix in a teaspoon of Enliven Probiotic). I'm in bed, but I treat myself, by listening to a book on disc. I'm usually asleep before the hour disc is finished.

Some notes: About a month into the program, Women to Women, Nurse Emily and I decided to increase the hormone supplements to three times a day, which I did for 6 weeks. Recently, I scaled back to 2 per day, because it just felt right.

It's most important to do the exercise you can do, no matter how much you think you can't or you don't want to. Just blinkin' Do Something.
It's imperative you change your eating patterns and start feeding your body whole food nutrition. Not only do I eat only organically grown foods (60% more available nutrition than industrially grown foods), but I supplment with Enliven Probiotic which is also a superfood, as well as Berry Radical Antioxidant that delivers 7000 orac units per serving, but is also a superfood.

You also have to change your mind. You have to do what ever it takes to change your mindset from pessimism and depression to optimism. I know it's work, but if you don't do it; nothing will change, I can promise you that.

So what's next for me?

I keep going. I want to still feel even better, and I know that I can. I have the formula. I still
want to add in some exercise that will increase strength, maybe 10-15 minutes a day. I like to combine activities; so perhaps I can listen to something interesting while I do push ups, sit ups and do some tai chi. Who knows?

Ladies and Gents, this is nothing short of a miracle for me. I tell you the truth.

Three months ago I had decided that if "that" was the quality of my life, I was done.

Then I found Womentowomen.com and agreed to be faithful and do the 90 day program. I have augmented a bit as my intuition has guided me. I also have made it a point to get body work - a massage or energy work - as necessary. I am not 100% yet, but from where I was 90 days ago, I am 75% better and still gaining on my target.

So, there's my report. Don't wait. Do whatever you have to do to regain your health, but do it.
Oh - one more note: Be sure that whatever supplements, food, vitamins, probiotic, antioxidants you put into your body is of the HIGHEST AND PUREST QUALITY.

Thanks for reading!

Kath

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring story! Thanks for sharing -- I am so glad to read how well the Women to Women program worked for you.