Friday, January 4, 2008

REnew Yourself!

Greetings Everyone!

A good day to be alive, yes? YES!

I love to report serendipitous events. So here's how today's blog came about. I was searching for a detox system to start the New Year off. So I wandered into Sprouts, a local health food store, and right inside the door was a display of "kits". Guess I'm not the only one?

I chose the organic one, of course, and having read all the whole herbs included, I threw it into the cart.

This morning I read the directions, but not only that, there was included a DVD in the kit. So I watched it and met Barbara Watson. This lady knows her stuff.

I am, by no means, a clinical nutritionist, a doctor, or herbalist. I am a lay person on all these counts. But I do have a background in science (premed and nursing); I do have an extensive background in herbs as a organic grower; and I have my intuition which functions perfectly.

For the past year I've been conducting a research project of my own regarding nutrition and auto immune diseases. It's been a very interesting and enlightening journey. One thing leads to the other as what you ask to know is answered.

My hypothesis has been that we are so toxic (exposed to and consume) that our immune systems are simple pooped out. They are gasping, "Enough!" It's what I call (see previous blog) the "Drip, Drip, Drip Syndrome".

Certainly there are "tolerable" amounts of any poison(s) that the body can adjust to, eliminate and transmute. But toxins in the water, food, air, skin care products, everywhere have caused American bodies to reach "critical mass" of sick.

Back to Barbara Watson. In her video she explains so clearly and simply how the body disposes of toxins (her 7 channels of waste elimination) and how we can support them back to health.

Further she describes a load of symptoms that in listening to them I can say almost everyone I know has those complaints.

The skin is the largest organ of the human body. It's primary functions are protection from external toxins and elimination through perspiration of internal toxins. So whenever you apply to your skin a product that contains mineral oil or other petroleum based product which blocks the pores from perspiration, you hinder a fundamental and primary function of toxin elimination.

Take Home #1 for Today: Go through absolutely every skin care, hair care, sun screen, lotion and potion in your cupboard and throw out anything with mineral oil or petroleum. This includes children's products! And get rid of anything that is a "deodorant" . Deodorants were designed to stop sweating. Instead, use a "deodorant" which has no synthetic chemicals in the formulations.

Barbara Watson talks about how toxins and a poor digestive/elimination system back up and have effects on the skin. She advocates probiotics as a daily supplement! These supplements such as InLiven and Fast Track by One Group are essential to daily INTERNAL cleansing.

Take Home #2 for today: Start today and eliminate as many toxins as you can from your own internal and external environment. How?
Stop using plastic to heat your food.
Get rid of your plastic water bottle and replace it with stainless steel or glass.
Eat/use/consume only organic products whenever possible. The strategy for today is "pick your poison". I personally love a lovely glass of wine. But I can drink organic milk, eat organic produce (or grow my own); I can insist on organic meat, chick, and wild raised fish.

All things affect everything else. The human body is a most miraculous "machine", but we are at "critical mass" of toxic.

Be critical about what's in the products you consume. Read the labels. Buy organic whenever possible and even better, certified organic if you can find it. You can send me an e-mail and I will send you the list of toxins that are in your skin care products.

Beauty beings as an inside job.

Thanks for reading!

Kath

No comments: